Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Fourth Hospital Stay

Well I honestly thought we were going to make it until I deliver before we ended up back in the hospital. Wrong. We made it a little more than 2 weeks.

Yesterday I got really sick to my stomach in the afternoon. That always happens before one of these episodes, so I guess in the back of my head I kinda knew it was coming. It was just a matter of when.

Our air conditioner decided to stop working that day as well, so it was blazing hot upstairs (it's fixed now, turns out the filter was cloged or something like that). Thanks goodness the downstairs one still worked though! We tried to sleep downstairs but ended up having to move back upstairs about half an hour later because even though it was cool it was super uncomfortable. For whatever reason, when I lay on the sofa I can't breath, and I wasn't about to sleep on the floor. My hips would not have appreciated that.

So we packed up our pillows and blankets and went back upstairs into the burning hotness. We tried to fall alseep with our ceiling and floor fan on full blast. No such luck. Still too hot. So I took a cold shower, hoping it would cool me down enough to I could at least fall alseep. It did cool me down but unfortunetely I was unable to fall asleep because I started having these weird cramps. They were kinda like stomach cramps but different. Something just didn't feel right. I tired to ignore them but they kept getting worse, and then the contractions started with them.

Thinking it was maybe due to the crazy heat (it was 91 degrees upstairs) we packed up and moved back downstairs. We waited about an hour to see if the contractions would stop before we did anything. They didn't stop and this time I also had pretty bad cramps with them, so I drank a big glass of water as my last attempt of getting them to slow down or stop before calling the on call physician.

Needless to say...the water didn't work. I had to wake up our doctor around 3 am (I always feel bad whenever we have to wake her) and she told us once again to go to L&D. Had I been 34 weeks we would not have had to go, she probably would have told us to wait a bit longer until the contractions got stronger, then go. At 34 weeks she would not have stopped anything and we might have had our son. But because I was 1 day away from 34 weeks so technically still considered 33 weeks, we had to go and they had to stop the contractions. UGH!

So we got there and got into a room and changed and what not. I still was not dialated but was contracting every 2-3 minutes. At first we had a nurse that seemed kinda cranky. She wasn't very nice to us. Then the nurse we had last time came in! I was so happy to see her. She's my favorite nurse we've had! She said she saw my name and took over my care. I think her name is Sibhi. Love her!!

After monitoring me for a while, they decided to start an IV. Same old. She tried to do it in my right hand first...that didn't go so well. My veins are awful and she couldn't get that one. But before she gave us she wigled it around, trying one last time. It didn't work. It hurt SO BAD! Worst IV ever! Ouch. She was able to get it in my left hand though and that one barely hurt. I think I'm gonna have some pretty nasty bruises. Battle scars!

She also gave me the loopy medicine, which is the pain medicine with the muscle relaxer. It seemed to do the trick that time. No other medication was necessary this time. That was good. We got to go home 11 am.

As of now I'm not sure what is going to happen. I used to think Mason was going to come early but now I have no idea. With my luck I'll probably have to be induced and all this bed rest will be for nothing. Even though I have contractions, my cervix does not dialate, so that's why I have no idea what's going to happen.

As of now I'm feeling very frustrated and bloated. Those IV fluids make me so puffy! I feel like a fat marshmellow! Seriously. It's disgusting. Can't wait for all this swelling to go down!

If all goes according to plan, I'll post my 34 week update and breastfeeding class update tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment