Monday, August 8, 2011

Mason James: The First Month

Holy cow! This month has flown by! Where did the time go?! I seriously can not believe my baby boy turned 1 month old yesterday!

Mason is such a wonderful baby. We are so blessed to be his parents. I absolutely love being a mommy. It's definitely so much harder then I ever thought it was going to be, but it's so worth it. I still stare at him in complete awe that he's my son. I love him so very much.

We haven't really had any problems with him. He has some trouble sleeping when we first brought him home because his bassinet was too hard for him. We fixed that though. He is a very gassy boy, so we got him gas drops. Problem solved. He got pink eye, poor baby! His eye was leaking a yellow mucus. It looked awful. We had to take him to his pediatrician and get him some eye drops. We're still trying to clear it up but it's better! So nothing really major, which we are so thankful for!

He nurses likes a champ! We never had a problem. He almost always latches right on and goes to town. I know some moms and babies have a real issue with breastfeeding, so we're very happy that he's done so well. Sometimes he get frustrated at night but I think that's just because he's tired.

Mason travels beautifully! The only time he'll fuss is if he's hungry or over tired. I don't blame him, that would make me cranky too.

He LOVES to be cuddled and held! He's our little cuddle bug...

Here are his birth stats and the stats from his 2 week doctors appointment:



Birth


Weight: 6 lbs 9 oz


Height: 20 1/4


Head Cric: 13 3/4


Chest: 12 inches




Two Weeks


Weight: 7 lbs 6 oz (18 %)


Height: 20 3/4 (57 %)


Head Circ: 13 1/2 (16 %)




In just 2 weeks he grew so much! Everyone says that they grow fast but I had no idea just how fast! I look at him sometimes and wonder where the little baby I brought home from the hospital is. Everyday he gets more alert. It's so fun to watch him grow and develop! We definitely enjoy and cherish every single moment.




Here are some pictures I took from the first month of his life:






The First Picture I Took of Mason



Perfect Angel


Going Home Outfit



On Our Way Home!



Sleepy Boys






Me & My Baby Boy : )






He Does So Well in the Car!


He Decided He Didn't Want to Wear Clothes



My Little Puppy!











What Are You Lookin' At? ; )



Hangin' Out With Mama



Peace!






First Bath!!



Eating the Towel! haha









Kissy Face



Look How Long I Am!!






Favorite Picture!!



Father & Son



Going to My Doctor to Check Out My Goopy Eye








Hello!!



Spending Some Time With Grandma : )




Mason has his one month doctors appointment on Wednesday, so I'll post an update then! : )

1 comment:

  1. Sarah,

    He is SO handsome, I know you both are so proud. You have no idea how fast they do grow, so cherish every moment with him. They are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete