Monday, June 20, 2011

34 Weeks Pregnant!

Exactly 34 Weeks



34 Weeks and a Few Days


We made it 34 weeks! That was the first goal...go team prego! The next goal is 36 weeks. We've got about a week and a half until we reach that goal. I've had a feeling that I'm going to go past my due date though and this boy is gonna be over 9 pounds. Just a feeling...I hope I'm wrong for my sake!


Well as you know, we spent some time in the hospital last wednesday. Same old. Except this time my hand is not recovering as well from the IV as it usually does. The nurse had to stick me twice (once in my right hand and once in my left hand; she got it in my left hand) to get the IV into a vein. Unfortunetely when she was trying to do it the first time in my right hand she didn't get it and in an atempt to make it into the vein messed up a nerve and a tendon in my hand I think. It still hurts like someone is stabbing my hand if you touch it in just the right place. Plus the skin between my third and fourth finger is numb all the way a little past the nuckle. It feels really weird! I just keep hoping it will heal and I'm not stuck like this cause it hurts and feels really weird all at the same time.


As for the pregnancy, not much has changed. Mason seems to be doing well. He still gets the hiccups all the time and is kicking harder and harder each day. He does have his quiet days sometimes when he doesn't kick as much. I hate that, it always freaks me out! Soda usually gets him going though. He better enjoy the sugar rush now cause he is not allowed to have soda for a very very long time after he's born haha!


We are so anxious to meet the the little man! I want to see his little face so bad! I know he's going to be adorable! I guess in a way it's kinda good that we didn't get to do a 3D unltrasound...it's going to be more of a surprise when we do get to see him for the very first time. It truely will be the very first time we see him. Definitely going to be a very special moment.


As for contractions, I had a bunch yesterday and then a few this morning but they seemed to have stopped. Sooo nothing came of that round. I didn't have to call my doctor since I'm now 34 weeks and we're only supposed to call if I think I'm actually progressing now. I'm not going to call until they are actually painful or very very very uncomfortable.


I'm sleeping much better now! Thank goodness! I still have to get up several times to pee but most nights I'm able to fall right back alseep. So happy! I'm definitely a much happier person when I get sleep. I'm not sure what it is, but whatever it is it can stay! I hated waking up at 2:30 am and not going back to sleep until 5 or 6 am! Yuck! I'm also usually able to take a nap in the afternoon again too. That's really nice...I missed my nap time! It sucks up an hour or two. With bedrest I get pretty bored so the more time that can be sucked up by a nap...the better!


I only have about a week and a half left on bedrest...praise all that is good!! The first thing I want to do is go for a nice walk and maybe go swimming (if I'm allowed)! And then go shopping! I have a lot planned. My mom and I are also gonna get Mason's room organized. Right now it is a disaster. I can't even go in there without getting stressed out. It's gonna be a lot of work but I'm so excited to get it done.


I have a doctor's apointment on wednesday so I might do a post about it that day or wait until the next day to do it with my 35 week update. We'll see.


Soooo check back for more updates!


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment