Tuesday, March 1, 2011

We're Having A...........BOY!!!

My appaointment was absolutely amazing yesterday!! The ultrasound was by far the best part! It was so cool to see how much our little man has grown! That's right...we're thrilled to announce we will be welcoming a baby BOY in July! There is definitely no mistaking that he is all boy! No doubts! The ultrasound tech didn't even have to tell us or point out he's a boy, once she got to the area it was so obvious before she could even say anything we all shouted out "it's a BOY!!!!" Sooo sorry we thought you were a girl, but we are so excited you are a boy!

Everything about him is perfect. Such a precious little blessing. He was measureing big so I have a new due date, a week earlier than the last. That makes me happy! So I'll be 20 weeks this thursday instead of 19.

We got to see our little man, Mason James (this is the name we decided on), doing all kinds of cute things like sucking his thumb and squirming around. He even gave us the thumbs up, as you will see in one of the pictures below. The orange juice did the trick, he moved around just right. Not too much but was defiintely active. I still can't feel him much but we found out why. I have an anterior placenta, which means that the placenta attached to the front of my uterus instead of the side. Not a problem at all, it just means there is a bit more of a cushion between the baby and me so it will be longer before I can feel him. I can definitely feel him when he kicks around on my sides or down around my bladder but nothing in the middle. Hopefully in the coming weeks that will change and I'll be able to feel him more.

Here are some of the ultrasound pictures:

Top view of Mason's face with his little hands on the sides.
Little foot.
Top view of Mason's face again.
Mason's profile.
Top view.
Profile view. Look at those lips! He definitely has my bottom lip!
Little arms.
Thumbs up!!
Top view.
Top view kinda looking like an alien haha!
Profile. He has Jason's nose!
Profile.
Profile.
Sucking his little thumb! Aww! This was one of the first things he did right after waving to us.
Mason's handsome profile. What a cutie!
This is one of my favorites!
Baby Mason's profile close up!
Well I'll post a 20 week update once it comes around. That's all for now. We love you Mason James and can't wait to meet you in July!

No comments:

Post a Comment