Saturday, January 15, 2011

12 Weeks! FINALLY!

I'm finally 12 weeks pregnant! Woo hoo! I can finally relax! The sickness has been getting better everyday (minus a few setbacks here and there). I guess I traded being sick to my stomach for migraine headaches though. I've had 2 in the past week. That's pretty painful. I'm also having more near fainting spells. Once again though, it's all worth it!

This is my belly shot at 12 weeks. I definitely feel like I have a tiny baby bump. I can't sleep on my stomach anymore because of it. It's uncomfortable. I've been having some issues sleeping because of this. Trial and error.

This week baby is the size of a plum and his/her facial features are becoming more defined. Baby is developing reflexes this week; fingers will soon begin to open and close, mouth will make sucking movements, toes will curl and eye muscles will clench. Nerve cells are rapidly multiplying and synapses in baby's brain are forming furiosuly.

I had a doctor's appointment a few weeks ago. We got to hear the baby's heartbeat on this little machine called a doppler. It was one of the best experiences. Once we heard that heartbeat, all my worries melted away.

No comments:

Post a Comment