Friday, July 16, 2010

The Honeymoon: Key West




The first morning of our cruise we woke up in Key West. B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L! But before we could go exploring we needed some breakfast. No one was even awake yet (for some unknown reason we woke up WAY early).It was the perfect opportunity to take some pictures. The ship looked like a palace but Vegas style! It was pretty awesome!

Jason and I discovered a ship model outside our dining room. We were like "oh cool! it's our ship! now we can figure out where everything is!" WRONG! ...after a few minutes of confusion we figured out it wasn't our ship. Um? What? Why is there a random model of a ship on our ship. We're still trying to figure it out to this day...


Then we found this cool black stone wall. We thought it would be cute to take our picture in it. Wrong again. The flash made us look evil. So we took and evil picture and a nice one.


BREAKFAST TIME! Breakfast may have been my most favorite meal of the cruise. It was DELICIOUS and we could have as much as we wanted. The first breakfast I discovered the most amazing milk on the planet. It was so good I had to take a picture of it just so I could remember it forever. Oh my gosh! Best milk EVER!

Not everyone went to breakfast so it was usually a very quiet and relaxing time. We loved it and went almost everyday. We woke up late one morning and were very sad to discover we missed it and had to go to the buffet. But the buffet was awesome too! You just can't lose on a cruise (that rhymes haha)!






When we got off the ship, we got to ride on this little train into town. It was so fun! We got a little tour and everything!



The houses in Key West were fabulous! So CUTE! Pretty much my dream homes. I love beach style homes. So I basically took a billion pictures of houses. I just posted a few of my favorites though...which was really hard to pick because I loved them all. That would have been picture overload though.

One of the first things we saw in Key West was this sign. I got so excited because I thought it was a puppy shop or pet store or something like that. It wasn't. It was a bar haha. "Island Dog Bar; Come As You Are". I loved the name...way creative!
The shops were fabulous! Everything was super affordable. Even for newlyweds! Loved it! There were even some stores where everything was $5! Needless to say, we did a ton of shopping! At one store there were super cute bathing suits (some were even modest! I didn't get one though). While looking through them we stumbled upon the above swim suit "bottom". Do people really wear that?! We thought it was way scandalous but funny at the same time! I'm sure if we actually someone wearing it though, we would be mortified!

Then we met a PIRATE! He was legit too! He had NO TEETH and his pirate dialect was perfect! We loved him! As you can see, he even let us take a picture with him. Actually thinking about it now, that's probably what he does all day considering he had a tip jar with him. Duh!
Apparently Key West has some pretty cool ghost stories. This house was the meeting/starting point for a ghost tour. We didn't go on it cause we didn't have enough time, but how cool would that have been?! The house looks way haunted...


Jason's wish came true! He got to see his FAVORITE CAR EVER and take pictures with it! Lucky guy! He was so excited, I loved it!

The flowers and plants and trees were breath taking! I wish we could have stayed longer, so I could have taken more pictures. But I did get a few. It was like a tropical jungle. I LOVED it! Absolutely beautiful!

So after we walked about a billion miles...well, maybe not a billion but it sure felt like it in the extreme heat. Anyway! We decided to rent a MOPED! OH MY GOSH! IT WAS A BLAST! That was defintely one of the highlights of the cruise. Not only did we get to see all there was to see, we got there ten times faster AND I got to hold onto my man!




So who would have thought finding a beach would be difficult?! We definitely didn't! It took us at least an hour to find a decent beach and then we discovered we couldn't even swim because their were DEADLY jellyfish in the water. That was defintely a bummer. Apparently Key West had to import the sand to the beaches because they are naturally rocky. Oh well! Now we know. Word to the wise, if you ever go to Key West, DO NOT waste your time trying to find a beach. There were cute birds though!
I got to do something super cool with Jason. While he was on his mission, he took a picture in front of the southernmost point (of the United States). Since we were back there we decided it would be cool to take another picture there, but TOGETHER! It was a really special and memorable moment and even though we had to wait in a super long line it was so worth it.
On our way back to return our beloved moped we found our most favorite thing ever! MANGOS! Actually, we weren't really sure if they had mangos or not. BUT the name was awesome.
So we LOVED Key West! Definitely a fun experience! More on Cozumel and the rest of the cruise later!

No comments:

Post a Comment