Sunday, May 1, 2011

28 Weeks Pregnant!



It's been a great week! I didn't get a single headache and all around felt good! More weeks need to be like this one.

I feel HUGE! Yes...I know I'm only going to get bigger. It doesn't change the fact that I feel giant now. I feel like a big fattie and I'm starting to get super uncomfortable. Breathing is also starting to become difficult. I have to be in the just the right position in order to breath. Oh! And sleeping is a joke! I'm waking up every few hours to go pee. It's absolutely ridiculous. I went 6 times last night! I don't even know where the pee is coming from. I mean really? Where?! It doesn't make sense! Once again...it's all definitely worth it though!

Mason has been a movin' and a groovin' a lot lately. Little cutie! I love it! It's so cool to be able to see and feel him kicking and rolling around in there. I find that if I drink sunny d in the morning he is more active through the day. I call it his "go juice"! He also likes poweraid!


I had a doctors appointment last Monday. It was our last one with our current doctor (sad day). She's moving to a different practice, so I had to either follow her or just switch to another doctor at our current office. We decided it would be best it we just switched doctors. Only because the office is so close and the one she was moving too was really far. And we already have all our records and insurance information and what not at the current office. I'm really going to miss her but we're very excited that she is happy and doing what is best for her and her family. I'm sure the new doctor will be great too. She was also on the list of the best doctors in the area. So that's definitely a plus!


Anyway! My appointment was good. I had my glucose test. I do not know why everyone moans and complains about this test. It was not bad at all! The glucose test is used to see if you have gestational diabetes (diabetes only while pregnant). They have you drink a very very sugary solution and then an hour later take your blood and send it off for testing. So when I got there I drank the drink. Everyone was saying that it tastes awful....lies. It tasted like watered down sunny d! Kinda yummy actually cause it was super cold haha. So I drank it and then an hour later got my blood drawn. I HATE getting my blood drawn. Everytime someone does it, it hurts. And it's not supposed to hurt. This time the lady that did it was absolutely amazing! I didn't even feel it AND I didn't bruise after either! I hope she takes my blood everytime! She was awesome! I got the results back yesterday and I passed the test! YAY! No gestational diabetes for me!


Other than that the appoaintment was normal. We got to hear little Mason's heart beat and she measured my belly. Exciting news! I have an unltrasound on Monday the 9th. So not tomorrow but next Monday. We are so excited! At the end they are going to give us a 3d/4d view of our little guy. I love getting ultrasounds! It's such an amazing expereince to see how much our son has grown. Very excited!


We're in the process of getting registered for a few baby classes, Prepared Childbirth and Breastfeeding. Should be very informative. We'll be taking those this month. We're still looking for a newborn care class to take.


I think that's about it for this week. Check back next week for my 29 week update!

No comments:

Post a Comment